Georgia Tech’s Center for 21st Century Universities (C21U) invites you to participate in a hybrid discussion of, “Art & Research on Campus.”The event will take place on June 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET and will be led by the C21U research team with special presentations from Jason Freeman (School of Music), Aaron Shackelford (GT Arts), Francesco Fedele (School of Civil Engineering), and professional artist Rachel Grant (pictured, below).
Participants will learn about campus research projects involving visual arts (painting) and the classroom, music and technology research, and how to become involved in arts-centric research projects at Georgia Tech. The C21U research team will present their ongoing art and education study.
Event DetailsJune 16, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
This event will be hosted in the hybrid format. Attendees may choose to participate either in person (in Klaus 2405) or virtually.A link for virtual attendees will be distributed via email prior to the event. **RSVP required**
- 9:00 am – 9:10 am Introduction by Dr. Stephen Harmon
- 9:10 am – 9:30 am Interdisciplinary Teaching Model Presentation by Dr. Francesco Fedele (School of Civil Engineering) & Rachel Grant (Artist)
- 9:30 – 9:45 ROBOTARTS (Colombia)
- 9:45 am – 10:05 am Art & Geometry Research Presentation by C21U Research Team (Drs. Jonna Lee, Meryem Soylu, Farahnaz Soleimani)
- 10:05 am – 10:20 am Presentation by Dr. Aaron Shackelford (GT Arts)
- 10:20 am – 10:35 am Presentation by Dr. Jason Freeman (School of Music)
- 10:35 am – 10:50 am Presentation by Dr. Mike Winters (Microsoft)
- 10:50 am – 11:00 am Q&A and Free Discussion with Speakers
- 11:00 am – 11:10 am Break
- 11:10 am – 12:00 pm Guided Discussion Session & Conclusion