JOB LINK: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/667089000
At the entry-level of this position, you will:
- Gain working knowledge of permitting activities such as assisting in the preparation or review of permits (issuance, reissuance, and modification) for treatment, storage and disposal facilities or resources;
- Assist senior permit specialists with providing technical support to state, local or tribal agencies regarding well-defined technical and scientific criteria and methods; pollution control requirements; and impacts of pollutants;
- Assist senior permit specialists resolve issues related to permit requirements and participate in the defense of permits against legal challenges with Office of Regional Counsel (ORC);
- Respond to basic, conventional permit inquiries.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must submit a resume and required documents–see How to Apply section.
- Position has education requirements–see Qualifications/Education section.
- EPA and non-EPA applicants must submit transcripts/course listings.
- You may be required to travel less than 25% of each month.
This position is designated as Moderate Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation. All conditions of the pre-employment security process must be met before an official letter of employment can be issued with a report for duty date.
Application close on July 29, 2022!!