Geosyntac Consultants is looking to hire a staff geotechnical engineer in their new Detroit, MI office. Fieldwork would be a big part of the job requirement (60% of time or so) within the first couple of years.
Apply underneath this link:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Some of the key responsibilities you will immediately have in this position include:
- Conducting geotechnical field investigations;
- Monitoring civil construction projects;
- Performing and reviewing engineering calculations;
- Design and permitting for landfills and coal combustion residual units;
- Dam and levee evaluations; and
- Writing and reviewing engineering reports.
Some other aspects about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 60%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25%
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in civil and/or environmental engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with geotechnical and engineering software such as AutoCAD and Slope/W or Slide. (preferred)
- 40-hr HAZWOPER training (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)