About The Role – Internship Summer 2022 Homer, Georgia, USA
Internship Targeted Goals
- Work to understand our business, across all key positions and levels of the organization. To include but not limited to:
- Safety, Health, Environment and Security requirements
- Mobile Mixing Unit Operation
- Tech Services Engineering
- Inventory/Explosives Magazine Keeping
- Site Operations / Management
- Engage in key company training programs (online and in person).
- Fulfillment of key site metrics associated with SHES, MSHA, OSHA, ATF, DOT etc
- Active engagement and proactive participation in mentoring opportunities.
- Individual contributor
- Will work outside in all weather conditions, lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Active participation in teams
Internship Targeted Outcomes
- Safely fly a drone under the supervision of the Drone licensed TS Engineer (as per regulations).
- Be knowledgeable of the boretracking process (measure blasthole deviation)
- Have a good understanding of the rationale for blasthole drill patter design
- Understand the basics of timing
- Be able to use Drone technology and software to analyze fragmentation of blasts
- Knowledge of Orica products
• Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
• Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
• Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
• Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
Role specific technical / legislative / SHES certification may be required
How you shape and influence others
* Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
* Solid interpersonal and communication skills
* Self-aware and open to feedback
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Productive without compromising quality
* Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilize vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
We respect and value all