Emrgy provides clean energy generation by placing hydrokinetic turbines in canals. This is a multi-billion dollar opportunity in North America alone. The Company’s 5-20 kW, modular hydropower turbines integrate flexibly into megawatt scale arrays within existing canals to generate continuous renewable electric power using innovative hardware and software technology. Emrgy’s distributed hydropower solution embodies the same attributes that have made the wind and solar power industries grow exponentially over the past several decades: modularity and flexibility. Emrgy is preparing for significant sales with committed municipal and utility customers in 2021 as well as growing project development interest. This expansion builds upon four years of product engineering, over $6 million in Federally-sponsored R&D funding, a partnership with GE Renewables, and growing customer engagements.
Emrgy is seeking a Hydraulics Engineer to grow our water assessment team. Emrgy is developing a one-of-a-kind database of the world’s irrigation and water transport systems to exploit the kinetic energy for distributed hydro power production. The Hydraulics Engineer will lead this effort by performing desk top reviews and site assessments as well as supporting power production performance tests and be responsible for the data base development and management. The Hydraulics Engineer will report to the VP of Deployment and Asset Management.
- Perform desk top review of all available data related to irrigation and other water delivery systems in target regions around the globe to assess the potential for energy production using Emrgy
- Continue to develop and add to the existing ARC-GIS database of cataloged
- Improve upon and manage the methodology for ranking potential waterways for energy production.
- Support sales and origination by performing site assessment studies to further define waterway potential and provide detailed data required for accurate turbine and array
- Support and participate in project performance testing to validate system performance after
- Facilitate coordination with and manage engineering subcontractors required to support waterway infrastructure improvements or changes to enhance turbine
- Support the digital analytics team in developing the most cost effective means to monitor system performance and collect data on water infrastructure.
- Performs other related duties as
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Studies, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline
- 5+ years of project experience with open channel flow, hydraulics engineering or related industry
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite of tools, HEC-RAS and other 1 and 2 dimensional modeling
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Emrgy is growing its team and is seeking leaders to join our capitalized Atlanta startup aiming to advance the frontier of distributed renewable energy generation. We want entrepreneurial game changers, self-starters, and team players that want to be part of solving global problems in a fast-changing environment.
Our passion is to deliver sustainable, renewable energy when and where it’s needed most. Diverse backgrounds with shared values inspire us to be bold, speak openly and cultivate the ideas to deliver the best solutions where they are needed. If you celebrate the unique value our differences deliver, you will find a home at Emrgy.
How to Apply. Send your resume and cover letter directly to HR@emrgy.com