Georgia Environmental Scholarship Opportunity

The GEC Student Scholarship Program provides college students the unique opportunity to showcase their research on timely environmental issues and network with a wide range of environmental professionals from throughout the Southeast and beyond.

Finalists are invited to attend the Georgia Environmental Conference (August 21-23, 2024 | Jekyll Island) and present their research via a poster session. Finalists are granted full conference registration, and three nights lodging. Finalists are expected to provide their own travel to and from the conference. Additional Eligibility & Conditions are listed at the link below.

Multiple $1,500 scholarships may be awarded after the final round of judging at the conference. In addition to the monetary award, scholarship recipients will be recognized on the conference website, and will be offered a complimentary registration for the Georgia Environmental Conference for the following year.

In my experience competing as a student, this is a prime opportunity to meet potential employers. I myself came out of the conference with three interviews. I also found that receiving feedback on my research from practicing engineers was incredibly valuable in looking at my research results differently.