Dear Sir or Madam,
We are asking your assistance in forwarding this message to inform students and faculty in your department of an outstanding research opportunity.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) under the Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP).
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who are U.S. citizens and hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering. Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the Air Force laboratories
- Devote full-time effort to research and publication
- Access the excellent and often unique Air Force research facilities
- Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers
- Base stipend starting at $76,542; may be higher based on experience
- Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and a professional travel allowance
Applicants should contact prospective AFRL, AFIT and USAFA Research Adviser(s) at the lab(s) prior to the application deadline to discuss their research interests and funding opportunities.
For detailed program information, to search for AFRL, AFIT, and USAFA Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research Adviser(s), visit www.nas.edu/afstfp.
Thank you for your assistance in promoting this opportunity.
Elizabeth M. Prescott, D.Phil.
Director, Fellowships Office