Internship Opportunity – Axis Infrastructure
Structural Engineer Intern
Axis Infrastructure is a multi-disciplined design and construction management firm whose services include land development, community planning, surface water, transportation planning, transportation design, and project/construction management. Specific disciplines in house include civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural engineering, architecture and construction management. At Axis Infrastructure, interns work alongside a licensed PE in their desired field. You will work on a team preparing design calculations, foundation plans, framing plans, developing construction drawings and resolving issues during the construction process to ensure constructability of the design. Designs for buildings may include concrete, steel, masonry, timber and light gauge metal stud structures. Axis engineers utilize software such as ENERCALC, STAAD, and RAM Structural Systems, along with hand calculations in compliance with ASCE, AISC, and ACI requirements and methodology.
Our skilled and professional staff is the key to our success. We are committed to fostering a culture that promotes progressive thinking in finding solutions to tackling complex design challenges to improve the world as we know it today. The collaborative environment Axis offers is ideal for an energetic student eager to learn the fundamental aspects of building design.
We are currently seeking a creative and talented entry level Structural Engineer intern at our Alpharetta, GA office. The successful candidate will be paired with an experienced engineer who will guide and mentor them through the initial stages of their career.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Working toward an accredited Bachelor’s or Masters of Engineering, with a preferred emphasis in Structures
- 0-3 years of experience in structural engineering or construction-related field, preferred
- Contract administration experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong communication skills a must
- Proficient in current structural design and analysis software applications is a plus
Duties of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting Project Managers with design and release of construction documents; includes design of concrete, wood and steel members
- Assisting with preparation of design reports, engineering drawings and production of specifications
- Assisting in verification of construction documents for compliance with plans and specifications
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure client’s needs are being met in a timely, cost-effective, and high-quality manner
- Assisting in generation of design schedules, budgets and rough construction estimations
- Structural analysis and design, including performance-based design
- Performing structural calculations, modeling and analysis to determine loading capacity and performance of existing and proposed new structures
- Assisting with development of bid documents, specifications and proposals
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.