Department: MCC Undergraduate Engineering
TEACHING FACULTY/FRESHMAN ENGINEERING ADVISER
The McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science plans to hire a continuing, full-time Assistant Professor of Instruction (non-tenure track; rank negotiable) to serve as a freshman adviser in undergraduate engineering. The adviser will support first year students in academic and career planning. In addition to these duties, the adviser will be expected to teach three quarter-length courses annually, emphasizing freshman design.
Qualifications: Preferably a doctorate in engineering, with a minimum of 3-5 years of academic or industry experience. A desire to work with undergraduate students is a must. Research interest in engineering education will be a plus.
Application Procedure: Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
· Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
· Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses).
· Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
· All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
· Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications accepted here: https://facultyrecruiting.northwestern.edu/apply/MTI4NQ==
Applicants will need to upload a cover letter; a curriculum vitae; statements about advising and mentoring philosophy, teaching philosophy and approach to diversity & inclusion; and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. To receive full consideration, all materials should be received by February 15, 2022.
About McCormick: Founded in 1909, the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University thrives at the intersection of global problems and the knowledge needed to solve them. For more information about this position, contact Associate Dean Wesley Burghardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.