Menard Group USA is currently seeking qualified Project Engineers to join our Houston, Texas, New
Orleans, Louisiana and Tampa, Florida offices. As a Project Engineer you will provide technical, quality
control and administrative support to Superintendents, Project Managers, and Construction Managers
on jobsites. You will mainly be working on jobsites the first 2-3 years, with available office time spent
assisting sales, estimating and project managers. As such, the Project Engineer will have significant
exposure to design engineering, bidding and estimating.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring that all Menard, OSHA, MSHA, and site-specific safety regulations are followed /
• Performing and managing field quality control tests and production records.
• Researching and resolving drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
• Performing basic field surveys, resolving geometry issues, preparing drawings/sketches to
support construction work.
• Preparing RFI’s and assisting in preparation of change order documentation and claim analysis.
• Ensuring all installation follows Menard Quality Control Manual.
• Tracking invoices and handling documentation and proper submittals.
• Performing detailed geotechnical and structural analysis while collaborating with our
engineering department to develop work.
• Developing business and searching for new opportunities and clients.
• Maintaining and establishing new relationships with our customers.
• Preparing geotechnical designs, cost estimates and proposals for ground support solutions
based on interpretation of project documents.
• Communicating with Clients, Engineers and Architects to move the sales process along and bring
the project to contract .
• Negotiating contract terms.
• Supporting the Marketing and Business Development departments by attending trade shows,
conferences and other marketing events.
• Making technical presentations to prospects and supporting educational training of Menard
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Understanding of basic geotechnical design and calculation principles.
• Strong observation skills and ability to work with diligence.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, especially related to completion and
documentation of all responsibilities.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with AutoCAD.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology or related field. Prior experience with geotechnical
construction and techniques a plus (i.e. drawings, specifications, building materials, surveying, design, or
-ORAny equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the required knowledge, skills
• Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting at desk.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to traverse facilities in all types of weather conditions.
50% overnight travel required for this position
Menard is one of the world’s leading specialized ground improvement contractors. We have a dynamic
culture that has the security and strength from belonging to a large international group.
From your first day at Menard, you become a key component of our organization and community, able
to make meaningful contributions on your own while being supported and trusted by your
management. You’ll interact daily with international ground improvement experts as a valued team
member in a highly proactive safety culture where your voice, ideas and opinions will be heard and
Menard Group USA offers a unique employee-centered culture as well as:
• Benefits and Perks:
o Competitive wages and annual bonus package, as well as competitive per diem and
other travel allowances for field assignments
o Profit Sharing Plan
o Full benefits package including medical, dental (with orthodontia), eye, life & disability
insurance and 401K plan with generous matching
o Industry leading health and wellness programs
• Professional Development:
o Technical and skills trainings including safety certifications
o Company-wide safety meeting promotion our proactive safety culture for all employees
held each year
o Travel opportunities across the country to jobsites
• Work-Life Balance
o Opportunities to develop outside of the workplace
o Generous vacation and sick leave as well as paid holidays.
Minimum 3 weeks of vacation to start and 2 weeks of sick leave.
o Some flexibility in work hours/remote work as needed
o Work to live instead of live to work mentality
As an organization Menard values Safety as its top priority. We have a goal for “zero incidents” and with
that comes great responsibility. We strive to ensure that our employees make it home safely every day.
Additionally, we are growing a culture that everybody is a “Safety Coach”. These beliefs are critical to
the Company becoming a worldwide leader in safety within our industry. Employees of all levels are
required to embrace these values, participate in periodic training, and offer your opinions openly.
Individual participation is very important as we all work together in our quest for a “Zero Incident”
Interested candidates should email a completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org