JMJ Group is seeking an entry level Civil Engineer with an interest in Land Development for our
Thomasville, GA office. This opportunity is perfect for the applicant looking for career opportunities
outside of major metropolitan areas. An excellent opportunity awaits a humble, hungry, and smart
individual willing to join a small team of dedicated engineers and consultants. The position offers
potential for professional development in a growing, family-like working environment and the
opportunity to apply innovative technology, new planning concepts, and environmental best practices to
help our clients solve their most challenging problems related to real estate, water resources, and
transportation in Florida and Georgia.
Founded in 2010 by Jerry Pionessa Jr. and his father G.J. Pionessa, JMJ Group is a boutique engineering,
consulting and planning firm with two locations, one in historic Thomasville, Georgia and the other in
coastal Jacksonville, Florida. The team is a leader in the Southeast, driven by a desire to reach solutions
that mitigate risk, create value and conserve natural resources. JMJ’s vision and legacy is building a
better future for all communities served, one street at a time.
The Civil EIT Land Development works on civil engineering and planning projects creating high-quality
work products and develops broad knowledge and skills associated with residential, commercial and
industrial land development. The position provides limited consultation to clients and applies standard
techniques in research, preparation and delivery of plans, designs, documents and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produces designs which may include site planning, horizontal layout, grading, stormwater
collection and management facilities, potable/reuse water systems, gravity sanitary sewer
systems, pump stations, erosion control and maintenance of traffic.
• Produces technical letters/reports such as due diligence packages, stormwater management
reports and hydraulic calculations.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of all permitting within area of expertise including
local, state and federal agencies.
• Assists with field reviews, certifications and post design services.
• Acquires a general understanding of real estate entitlement processes.
• Learns technical tools, techniques, software, materials and processes to optimize efficiencies
• Actively contributes ideas, solicits feedback and inquires about industry knowledge.
• May transport materials including samples, supplies and survey equipment.
• Travels locally to client, consultant, job site, agency and work locations, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, related field or equivalent relevant work experience is
• Engineer Intern Registration (State of Florida or Georgia).
• 0-3 years of experience in the criteria above.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background
screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other
credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer
report. These screenings will be conducted by JMJ Group’s background vendor of choice and will be
conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
• Civil Engineering
• Land Development
Engineer Intern (EI)