Novelis Scholars Program
The Novelis Innovation Hub at Georgia Tech is pleased to announce the launch of the Novelis Scholars Program which seeks to recognize top graduate students conducting research in various aspects of sustainability, high-throughput materials discovery, and surface functionalization, and AI/data science applications in materials/manufacturing/supply chains. As a global leader in innovative aluminum products and services and as the world’s largest recycler of aluminum, championing the vision of a circular economy, Novelis has partnered with Georgia Tech to collaborate on R&D, and promote education of the next generation of engineers dedicated to making better products that lead to a more sustainable world.
Novelis is headquartered in Atlanta with a global footprint, over 12,500 employees and recorded $12.3 billion in revenue for its 2020 fiscal year. Novelis is a subsidiary of Hindalco Industries Limited, an industry leader in aluminum and copper, and the metals flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group, a multinational conglomerate based in Mumbai, India. For more information about Novelis, please visit www.novelis.com and see their recent press release on expansion of the Novelis-GT Partnership.
- Catalyze and cultivate excellence in graduate level research in strategic growth areas relevant to Novelis and Georgia
- Connect top students and their thesis advisors with Novelis scientists and engineers to learn about their research and explore collaboration and engagement
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Open to students pursuing M.S. and Ph.D. degrees with their thesis research focused on one of the following areas of relevance to Novelis: 1) Sustainable design, processes, and business practices, 2) High-throughput materials discovery, 3) Surface functionalization/modification technologies, and 4) AI/Data Science applications in materials/manufacturing/supply chains.
- Emphasis on research and academic excellence.
- Students who enhance diversity and inclusion initiatives at Georgia Tech are strongly encouraged to
- $7,500 award (topping grant) for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
- “Spend a day at NGRTC”
- Present a Novelis Scholar Invited Lecture on research accomplishments during the year of the award to Novelis R&D Scientists and Engineers at the Novelis Global Research & Technology Center (NGRTC) in Kennesaw, GA
- NGRTC Lab Tour
- Opportunity to interact with Novelis leadership, and scientists and engineers working on related topics
- Opportunity to learn about Novelis’ R&D initiatives for real-world challenges
- Send a short (< 2 pages) nomination letter from thesis advisor and the student’s CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submitting application: October 18, 2021
Please direct any general questions regarding the Novelis Scholars Program to Prof. Shreyes Melkote at email@example.com.