Assistant Land Entitlement and Community Manager
· Process and manage Master agreements, Small Scope agreements and Authorization agreements for Contractors and Vendors.
· Process Zoning and required entitlement applications.
· Update notes during update calls with consultants.
· Hold engineers, landscape architects, traffic consultants, attorneys, etc. accountable per schedule and cost projections in the entitlement.
· Manage land department share drive and project filing.
· Process vendor and contractor pay applications for managers approval.
· Manage vendor insurance requirements per company policy.
· Interact daily with various departments of company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants, site engineers, Home Owners Associations and jurisdictional agency representatives.
· Manage development budgets and identify any site related change orders in a timely manner.
· Manage the master development schedule.
· Manage standard HOA applications and questions.
· Visit active projects to ensure high level of maintenance is being maintained in common areas and that CC&Rs are being enforced.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices.
· Must be able to read construction documents, surveys and technical reports.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology
· Outstanding customer service skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization, dissatisfied customers, outside vendors, subcontractors, and laborers
· Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner
· High degree of professionalism, tact and ability to influence others
· Must exercise sound judgment
· Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and organize work flow with multiple interruptions
· High degree of integrity
· Analytical with ability to give, receive, and analyze information in order to make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume fast paced environment
· Organized, with ability to prioritize multiple projects and workflow of department to meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances.
· Takes initiative and works with minimal oversight; proactively addresses problems with regards to work product, process and personnel
· Knowledge of Project Entitlements (Land Uses, Zoning, PSP’, etc.).
College degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
No professional experience required with applicable educational background