Entry Level Building Enclosure Consultant/Engineer
bpl Enclosure Engineering – Who we are:
bpl Enclosure Engineering is focused on the advancement of building enclosure innovation. We improve enclosure performance and mitigate risks for our clients by the application of our world-class technical expertise and practical know-how, using a holistic and collaborative approach to simplifying the complex. We hire great people and invest in their development. We give people the freedom to innovate and be awesome. We understand that it takes a collaborative team of great people to deliver great results for our clients.
We are looking for someone with a passion to grow and deliver outstanding results to our clients
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a desire to learn in a collaborative environment; someone who enjoys a team approach and building relationships by solving difficult problems for our clients. We are currently looking for an entry level Building Enclosure Consultant to join our growing practice in Atlanta, GA.
Building Enclosure Engineering is a learned profession that involves the application of scientific principles and practical know-how to building enclosures to provide our clients with buildings that function reliably to prevent water intrusion, condensation, energy loss, and physical deterioration.
As a Building Enclosure Consultant, you will:
- Assist with reviewing construction documents including architectural drawings, specifications, trade submittals, and shop drawings.
- Assist in the evaluation of existing buildings and design of repairs.
- Conduct regular walk-through observations of building enclosure construction for compliance with contract documents, manufacturers’ instructions, and industry standards.
- Prepare field observation reports.
- Attends design phase, pre-construction, pre-installation, and construction progress meetings.
- Conduct field review of building enclosure construction.
- Perform field quality control and diagnostic testing.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field
- A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential to this position.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work at heights and travel to job sites.
- Formal presentation skills
- Experience in reading drawings, specifications, and other technical product and material data
- Knowledge of building codes
- Knowledge of material and field-testing standard test methods
- Knowledge of construction assemblies for a variety of construction systems
Why You’ll Want to Join the BPL Team
- Our team are committed to life-long learning. We are dedicated to the professional development and mentoring of our team members.
- Our clients: we have enduring client relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
- Our projects: Our clients trust us to deliver for them on some of the most challenging and interesting projects.
- Our culture: our team includes people of high character and diverse talents, working collaboratively to encourage each other to deliver the best results for our clients. We are humble, we listen, and we learn, and we are driven to constantly improve.
- We have fun: We truly enjoy the work we do and the people we work with.
Bpl Enclosure Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.